Kinsalebeg N.S. has an active Parents’ Association, which promotes the well being of the school. The activities of the Parents’ Association provide an organised forum through which parents can make a positive contribution to their children’s education.
The Parents’ Association plays an important part in the life of the school and supports the school in every way. All parents are encouraged to become involved in the Parents’ Association and to support the activities and projects that are a feature of our school.
The new committee of the Parents’ Association is elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Parents’ Association. The Parents’ Association is affiliated to the National Parents Council. Each year the AGM of the Parents’ Association is held in early October. In general the committee serve a two-year term.
At present our committee members are
- Chariperson – Amanda Cassidy
- Secretary – Catherine Keogh
- Treasurers – Liam Dlay & Orla Reidy
Marion Murphy, Therese Hickey, Tricia Seward & Josephine McGrath
- Parents’ Association holds regular meetings in the school.
- The Principal and / or teachers representative may attend the meeting.
- The Parents’ Association, in consultation with the Principal, organise various activities throughout the year. These include
- Halloween party
- Opera House trip
- Refreshments at open days
- Practical help in school such as moving of classrooms during holidays, cleaning out of cloakrooms.
- Funding various programmes such as drumming classes, dancing lessons, art teachers etc.
- Our parents fundraise through a monthly Non Stop Draw.
- The Parents’ Association has a written constitution.