The Board of Management recognises that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all
aspects of school life and must be reflected in all of the school’s policies, practices and activities.
Accordingly, in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Education and Skills’ Child
Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools, the Board of Management of Kinsalebeg NS
has agreed the following child protection policy:
- The Board of Management has adopted and will implement fully and without modification the
Department’s Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools as part of this
overall child protection policy.
- The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is Sharon Mullins
- The Deputy Designated Liaison Person (Deputy DLP) is Rose Kinsella
- In its policies, practices and activities, Kinsalebeg NS will adhere to the following principles of
best practice in child protection and welfare:
The school will
• recognise that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance,
regardless of all other considerations;
• fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection
and welfare matters
• adopt safe practices to minimise the possibility of harm or accidents happening to
children and protect workers from the necessity to take unnecessary risks that may
leave themselves open to accusations of abuse or neglect;
• develop a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in the
education of their children; and
• fully respect confidentiality requirements in dealing with child protection matters.
The school will also adhere to the above principles in relation to any adult pupil with a special
- Relevant Policies
Code of behaviour
School Tours policy
Work experience Policy
The Board has ensured that the necessary policies, protocols or practices as appropriate are in place
in respect of each of the above listed items.
- This policy has been made available to school personnel and the Parents’ Association and is
readily accessible to parents on request. A copy of this policy will be made available to the
Department and the patron if requested.
- 2 –
- This policy will be reviewed by the Board of Management once in every school year.
This policy was adopted by the Board of Management on _____[date]
Signed: _____________ Signed: ______________
Chairperson of Board of Management Principal
Date: ______________ Date: ______________
Date of next review: ____